Importance of personal data protection and purpose of this notice
“FratiniVergano – European Lawyers” (FratiniVergano) is a law firm with its registered office in Brussels (Belgium), Boulevard Brand Whitlock 144, 1200, which specialises in European and International Law, notably EU competition and internal market law, WTO and EU trade law, EU agricultural and food law, EU regulation and public affairs.
This Data Protection Notice aims to give you information about how FratiniVergano collects and processes your personal data, as we recognise the important implications of their use and disclosure both for us and for the individuals whose personal data we process.
FratiniVergano is committed to lawfully and rightfully process personal data in accordance with the GDPR. Personal data are processed by FratiniVergano in a manner that ensures appropriate security, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organisational measures, and kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than it is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed.
The content of this Notice applies to the processing of personal data by FratiniVergano in connection with client services (for the purpose of providing professional services – judicial and out-of-court legal assistance); visitor services (including the dispatch of a fortnightly legal newsletter); recruitment activities; supplier services (please note that any reference to “clients” or “suppliers” includes their employees or other staff whose personal data we process).
- Who is the data controller?
- What information do we collect about you?
- How will we use the information about you?
- Change of purposes
- What are your rights?
- Third parties
- Changes to our Data Protection Notice
- Trade Perspectives©
FratiniVergano is the data controller under the applicable General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679, GDPR) and is represented, for these purposes, by Alessandra Fratini (email@example.com).
We may collect the following personal data:
- Identity Data, including your name, surname, nationality, working position and your CV;
- Contact Data, including your postal address, e-mail address, telephone number or other data that may reasonably be linked to this information.
We do not collect special categories of personal data about you (such as details about your race or ethnicity, information about your health/genetic/biometric data, religious/philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinion, trade union membership). In limited circumstances, especially when this is necessary for a specific service we are providing or when we are required to do so for legal or regulatory purposes (i.e. anti-money laundering regulatory framework), we do collect information about your criminal convictions and offences.
How do we use the information about you? We only process your personal data when we have a legal basis for processing, namely in the following circumstances:
- Performance of our professional activities (establishment, exercise or defence of legal claim to those clients specifically requesting such services);
- Dispatch of the fortnightly newsletter “Trade Perspectives”;
- Legal or regulatory obligations;
- Recruitment activities;
- Your explicit consent;
- Our legitimate interest (i.e. monitoring how our website is used, in order to ensure that its security is maintained).
Your personal data will be part of a list of contact details shared internally amongst the staff of FratiniVergano for the abovementioned purposes.
For all purposes other than the issue of Trade Perspectives, your personal data will be stored in our databases for no longer than five years.
We only use your personal data for the purposes they have been collected. If we need to use your personal data for a different and unrelated purpose, we will notify this to you.
The processing of personal data by FratiniVergano shall be without prejudice to all the rights conferred to you as data subject by Articles 15 to 21 of the GDPR, namely:
- Access: you have the right to ask us whether we are keeping personal data about you, to have access to your personal information and to receive a copy of it within 30 calendar days after the request is made.
- Portability: you have the right to request that your personal data are provided to you, or to another data controller, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format;
- Accuracy: you have the right to obtain from FratiniVergano the rectification without undue delay of inaccurate or incomplete personal data;
- Erasure: you have the right to obtain from FratiniVergano the erasure without undue delay of your personal data, or restriction of their processing;
- Objecting: you have the right to object at any time to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes, which includes profiling to the extent that it is related to such direct marketing;
- Security: you have the right to have your personal data protected from unlawful processing or accidental loss, destruction or damage caused by intentional or untimely concealment, and the right for protection from information which is unreliable or harms the person’s honour, dignity and business reputation;
- Complaints: you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority (Autorité de protection des données – APD, https://www.dataprotectionauthority.be/citizen) to safeguard your rights of personal data protection;
- Withdrawal: you have the right to withdraw your consent to processing your personal data at any time without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
For all requests, including questions about our Data Protection Notice, please send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may disclose your personal data to a third-party service provider for the purposes of providing IT assistance and maintenance to the firm. The service provider will have access to your personal data only to perform the aforementioned tasks on our behalf and we will remain responsible for their handling of your personal data as per our instructions.
We keep our Data Protection Notice under regular review and we will provide any updates on this web page.
Trade Perspectives© is a fortnightly legal newsletter issued with the purpose of informing on recent developments on international trade and stimulating reflections on the legal and commercial issues involved. Trade Perspectives© does not constitute legal advice and is not, therefore, intended to be relied on or create any client/lawyer relationship. Trade Perspectives© is not issued for promotional or commercial purposes.
The recipients of Trade Perspectives© may at any time request to stop receiving the newsletter and to have their personal information (collected only for the purpose of the provision of this service) deleted from our database.
Your personal data voluntary submitted to us for the subscription of Trade Perspectives© will only be stored as long as you wish to receive Trade Perspectives©. Every three years we will remind you of your rights under this Data Protection Notice.
For all requests please contact email@example.com.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a text file containing small amounts of information, which your device downloads when you visit a website. That cookie is then sent back to the website of origin on each subsequent visit, or to another website which recognises that cookie. They are not harmful to your devices. The cookies on this website are primarily used to recognize that a user has visited the website previously and to track user traffic patterns. We do not correlate this information with data about individual users, nor do we share this information or sell it to any third party.
What types of cookies are used by FratiniVergano’s website?
FratiniVergano’s website uses the following technical cookies:
- _ga: this is a cookie from Google Analytics, which we use to anonymously track user trends. We use this to improve our site.
- _gid: this is a cookie from Google Analytics, which we use to track the user journey. We use this to improve our site.
- _gat: this is a cookie from Google Analytics, which we use to throttle the requests made to Google services. This manages data traffic and improves performance.
- fratiniverganoeu_ci-session: this is a cookie from FratiniVergano.eu, which we use to identify a single user session. This is used to make the website work correctly.
- fratiniverganoeu_cookie-msg: this is a cookie from FratiniVergano.eu, which we use to store data if a user has already seen and accepted the cookie-message.
The cookies will remain on your computer after the browser is closed. Until removed, the cookies will become active again when the website is reopened. Cookies can be deleted by you, at any time, and will not collect any information when you are not accessing the website.
How can you manage cookies?
You can choose whether to accept or block cookies at any time through the settings/preferences of your browser. Below are the links to some browsers’ instructions for managing and deleting cookies
Last update: 02/12/2021