Data Protection Notice
“FratiniVergano – European Lawyers” (FratiniVergano) is a law firm with its registered office in Brussels (Belgium), Boulevard Brand Whitlock 144, 1200, which specialises in European and International Law, notably EU competition and internal market law, WTO and EU trade law, EU agricultural and food law, EU regulation and public affairs. FratiniVergano is the data controller under the applicable General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679, GDPR) and is represented, for these purposes, by Alessandra Fratini (email@example.com).
This Data Protection Notice sets out the basis on which FratiniVergano collects and processes personal data for the purpose of providing professional services (judicial and out-of-court legal assistance) to clients, including the dispatch of a fortnightly legal newsletter.
FratiniVergano is committed to lawfully and rightfully process personal data in accordance with the GDPR. Personal data are processed by FratiniVergano in a manner that ensures appropriate security, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organisational measures, and kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than it is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed.
- What information do we collect about you?
- How will we use the information about you?
- Trade Perspectives©
- What are your rights?
- Third parties
- Changes to our Data Protection Notice
Personal data that may be collected from you are your name, surname, e-mail address, nationality, working position or other data that may reasonably be linked to this information.
The purpose of the processing of personal data performed in the context of our professional activities is the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims as well as the dispatch of a fortnightly newsletter (“Trade Perspectives”) to those clients specifically requesting this service.
Your personal data will be part of a list of contact details shared internally amongst the staff of FratiniVergano for the purpose of providing the abovementioned services.
For all purposes other than the issue of Trade Perspectives, your personal data will be stored in our databases for no longer than 5 years.
Trade Perspectives© is a fortnightly legal newsletter issued with the purpose of informing on recent developments on international trade and stimulating reflections on the legal and commercial issues involved. Trade Perspectives© does not constitute legal advice and is not, therefore, intended to be relied on or create any client/lawyer relationship. Trade Perspectives© is not issued for promotional or commercial purposes.
The recipients of Trade Perspectives© may at any time request to stop receiving the newsletter and to have their personal information (collected only for the purpose of the provision of this service) deleted from our database.
Your personal data voluntary submitted to us for the subscription of Trade Perspectives© will only be stored as long as you wish to receive Trade Perspectives©. Every three years we will remind you of your rights under this Data Protection Notice.
For all requests please contact TradePerspectives@fratinivergano.eu.
The processing of personal data by FratiniVergano shall be without prejudice to all the rights conferred to you as data subject by Articles 15 to 21 of the GDPR, namely the:
- Right to ask us whether we are keeping personal data about you, to have access to your personal information and to receive a copy of it within 30 calendar days after the request is made. Your personal data may, upon request, be provided in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format;
- Right to obtain from FratiniVergano the rectification without undue delay of inaccurate or incomplete personal data;
- Right to obtain from FratiniVergano the erasure without undue delay of your personal data, or restriction of processing or, where technically feasible, the transmission of your data directly to another controller of your choice (right to data portability);
- Right to object at any time to processing of personal data where they are processed for direct marketing purposes, which includes profiling to the extent that it is related to such direct marketing;
- Right to protect your personal data from unlawful processing or accidental loss, destruction or damage caused by intentional or untimely concealment, and the right for protection from information which is unreliable or harms the person’s honour, dignity, and business reputation;
- Right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority (Autorité de protection des données – APD, www.privacycommission.be/en) to safeguard your rights of personal data protection;
- Right to withdraw your consent to processing your personal data at any time without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
We may disclose your personal data to a third-party service provider for the purposes of providing IT assistance and maintenance to the firm. The service provider will have access to your personal data only to perform the aforementioned tasks on our behalf and we will remain responsible for their handling of your personal data as per our instructions.
We keep our Data Protection Notice under regular review and we will provide any updates on this web page.